Thursday, March 27, 2008

Drew Gooden is Mistaken

The G.O.A.T.Drew Gooden, who is shooting 0% on 3s and averages 1 assist and less than a block a game this season, recently gave this modest self-assessment:

"I possess the tools. I don't want to sound cocky, but I think I possess everything. I feel like I can pass, block shots, play great defense, play help defense, shoot threes. I believe that I can do it all. "

I say the same thing every time I put down the controller after a successful game of NBA Live 08. The difference between me and Gooden is that I can back it up. Last night, Gooden shot 0-5 for 2 points in 20 minutes in a humiliating loss to the Sixers, while the Palos Hills Toros beat the Lakers by 60 points on Xbox Live.

Advantage: me (and reality).

In Duhon news, C-Du got some nice garbage minutes last night. Duhon scraping himself from the bench reminded me of the Kansas woman whose caboose adhered to a toilet after years of sitting.

No comments: